21 November 2019

a wee Maine Coon


A couple of weeks ago, we drove to Sealy to see granddaughter Jayna perform with the Needville marching band. Arriving WAY TOO EARLY (Bill always says if you are 15 minutes early, you are late!), we checked out an antique store (high prices, nothing interesting to us) and ate at the local restaurant, Tony’s.

Still had time to kill, so we wondered in to Tractor Supply, looking at pellet stoves. We may put one in our barndominium. Just before heading to the stadium, I spied a Maine Coon cat figurine!


My last Maine Coon, Beorn Bearcat, was this same “blue” color with those huge feet, though Bear had a classic tabby pattern on his sides. Our other granddaughter used to collect Schleich figurines, mostly horses, but I doubt she ever found a Maine Coon (even though she is claimed by 2 of the breed). So I decided to buy it as a pet for my wee mohair teddy bear, Jeremiah.


The ink sketch was done at the cabin as I waited for the laundry to finish. Then I added color today at the farm. I’m still not sure which I prefer: sketch in ink only, ink with watercolor cat, or watercolor wash on everything.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely, Vicky! It reminds me your old sketches, years ago. I prefer the last one: watercolor wash on everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teddy bears are always fun to draw — they politely sit still for me!
      And I actually prefer color on everything as well. The golden brown contrasts nicely with the blue-gray of the cat.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...