27 October 2019

Sketch With Me: CHANGES


Real in-the-flesh sketch crawls were so much easier! A group of like-minded sketching friends used to meet together at a chosen monthly location where we would each draw whatever caught our eye or imagination, then meet together somewhere and share our work with each other. No distractions or need to share the time with other stuff. These virtual sketch crawls are harder for me, seeming to always fall on days with other things already on the calendar. And since none of my local friends or family sketch, I’m pretty much on my own in trying to fit some drawing time in.

This weekend’s Sketch With Me theme was “changes”. I had already decided what to sketch but we would be away from the farm. Saturday morning we had breakfast at our daughters Houston home, then I spent the morning hemming an FFA skirt for Mikala. In the afternoon we attended her band competition. I drew a bit here and there between times.

Sundays find us back at the cabin — we attend church and spend the day doing the weekly laundry. But today was also “Snack n’ Yack / Movie Night” at church. Again, I worked sketching in here and there as I was able.

My “changes” show some of what Bill has been up to here on the farm. Bill and son-in-law Michael tore out the two old tack rooms in the SW corner (where our bedroom will one day be). And now Bill is using the reclaimed wood to build inside walls and ceiling to the small shed. He is also adding electricity and insulation (that’s insulatieon rolls in the car).


But as long as the theme is “changes”, I also switched the limited palette in my Demi Palette to one that mimics Cathy “Kate” Johnson’s favorite limited palette. I choose different primaries and add a convenience green. And of course that meant changing the color card inside my clear phone case!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...