31 October 2019

just for fun


The above thought came to me as I was watching a recent sunrise out the kitchen window . . . so I jotted it down in my journal. Then sketched the obvious choice: a paint palette.

This limited set has Prussian blue instead of the more common cool blue choice of phthalo blue. I find that phthalo blue tends to overpower every mix I try to make with it. I’m just not very good at using phthalo pigments!

But I quickly discovered that Prussian blue (and any mix containing it) strongly stains any surface it’s mixed on! Now I’m going to have to re-spray the lid of this paint box.


After posting the sketch on Facebook, Kathleen Swanson Roush shared this Rudyard Kipling poem with me . . . so I added it on the next 2-page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...