01 April 2019

new toys


My eye doctor has me taking various vitamins and herbal supplements to ward off further eye trouble (I have glaucoma with a family history of macular degeneration). We have found that buying these products online can be much less expensive . . . . And of course that means ordering enough items to qualify for free shipping, right?

So I added a few items from my Amazon wish list: Shari Blaukopf’s new book, “Working With Color”, a couple of brushes, and a new kneaded eraser to replace a very old dirty one. They all arrived on Saturday . . . . except for the vitamins! Which should come later this week.

I began drawing this with a Lamy Safari loaded with a dark gray ink, shading with both a Pentel Pocketbrush pen (black ink cartridge) and a Kuretake brush pen with Lexington Gray ink, plus a Signo white gel pen for lettering. At first I was going to add watercolor but after adding just the turquoise band, I decided that I like keeping it mostly gray tones. Sort of a play on it being a book about adding color.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...