When I began keeping sketchbook journals (19 years ago! 🙀), I would normally work in only one sketchbook at a time. Sometimes, if the main book was larger, I might keep a smaller one in my purse for away-from-home drawing. Recently, that keeping to a single book at a time thing has become muddled up. I currently have FOUR sketchbooks!
In the photo above, #1 is my current all-purpose sketchbook — a Hahnemuhle 100% cotton A5 watercolor book. Fabulous paper! The pen pocket on the cover holds my heavy brass Kaweco Sport, the best fountain pen for controlling hand tremor.
#2 is actually the wallet that lives in my purse, a Traveler’s card size notebook, but it also has blank paper refills for drawing and a Kaweco Liliput fountain pen.
#3 is a regular Traveler’s Notebook, passport size. Hanging on the elastic band is a Field Mouse refillable fine liner pen from Tom’s Studio. Inside, there’s a zip pocket holding a Demi palette from Art Toolkit, a small travel brush, and folded tissue. The pen loop holds a small waterbrush. The paper refills are mostly watercolor paper, though one is Kraft paper.
And #4, the A6 Hahnemuhle ZigZag sketchbook I’m going to use for the Calmtober challenge during the month of October.

No comments:
Post a Comment