18 October 2024

seasonal color changes


Recently, Art Toolkit’s newsletter included a feature on creating a Monochromatic Palette with artist Jill Gustavis. Her palette inspired me to put together one of my own using some unused pans of paint. But with my love of color, I still managed to find a simple rainbow range in these “neutrals”! Then sketched an old salt & pepper set from Bill’s grandmother. Technically not monochrome since I used both brown and blue, but I love the subtlety of this palett’s combined colors!

My triple-whammy of flu, strep throat, and Covid is gone now, but I’m still a bit tired (or is it laziness?) — sketching palettes is undemanding. And it’s past time to switch to using my favorite autumn palette, full of earthy granulating watercolors. I should’ve chosen to sketch something that really shows the granulation off, but this wee mouse house was handy, on a shelf next to the salt & pepper set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...