19 June 2024

a Pocket Palette in TEAL!

Inside yesterday’s sketched box? Art Toolkit’s latest limited edition palette, of course. 😁 The deep teal Triad Palette has got to be the most beautiful palette in existence!! I sketched it using a “warm & cool” palette setup currently in my “Grow Untamed” palette because it has two types of turquoise paints. Today at noon Pacific time, Art Toolkit will be having a live demo with co-designer Lisa Spangler exploring the seasonal triad paints and Triad Template included with the new palette.

 

These are my favorite palettes. The brass colored “Travel & Sketch” folio holds a collection of paints specific to our central Texas location. The deep gold “Drawn to High Places” palette holds my favorite granulating pigments. I removed the handmade paints from the red “Grow Untamed” palette because they were too opaque — maybe I should think of them as gouache instead? In their place, this palette holds a selection of warm and cool pigments plus two neutrals. I filled the extra space with small pans of turquoise, buff titanium, and lunar black.

Another configuration I sometimes use in this red palette is to add a mixing tray that holds 3.2 mm colored pencil leads to fit in a Koh-I-Noor clutch pencil. I got this idea from #rothrockart on Instagram.




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...