17 September 2023

my future dog?

While I was at the rehab center, unable to walk following hospitalization, I set a goal for myself. When I was able to walk to our mailbox (approximately 400 feet from our home) I would award myself with a dog. It’s been several years since I’ve had a dog of my own and I miss having one.

Now I am walking to the mailbox and beyond nearly every day — but in all practicality, it would be unfair to get a dog when I’m facing 5 1/2 weeks of radiation therapy, possibly living in Houston’s Med Center during that time. So getting a dog is on hold for the near future.

Instead of another Scottish Terrier, I’ve been thinking about getting a Welsh Corgi.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Vicky, sending you my best greetings, your dogs are adorable :) Wishing you to have one day a real new dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jana! Blessings to you.
      I’ve always been a Scottish Terrier lover but Corgis have a special charm of their own!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...