13 September 2023

deferred . . .

This past Monday was supposed to be my final chemo infusion, but the prior bloodwork showed that my platelet count is too low (chemo harmed my bone marrow). So my last infusion was deferred until next week.

M. D. Anderson still requires everyone to wear face masks, handing them out as you walk in. But my immune system is messed up so I wear one anyway.

My dad died this morning. We knew it could happen at any time and I had been planning on our driving to Kansas for the funeral. But with this low platelet / low white blood cell thing, I am too susceptible to germs and I won’t be going after all. I was never close to my dad but I thought I should be there.

2 comments:

  1. Ah Vicky I am so sorry for your news regarding your dad as well as your blood count being too low for chemo. Was just praying for you this morning (keep a prayer journal daily - helps me focus my prayers). Please take care and know I am praying for you now. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. My parents divorced when I was very young and I didn’t really have a relationship with my Dad. But I hate the fact that because I moved to a different state, my brother is left to deal with this on his own.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...