09 July 2023

farmer’s market strawberries



Whenever we go to Di Iorio’s farmers market in Hempstead and get a sweet unmistakable fragrance in the air that draws us to the center aisle, we know that fresh strawberries are in. And that we must buy them!

Lately their fresh locally grown watermelon has been just as delectable.


After watching a recent YouTube video from Art Toolkit featuring April Wu of Traveler’s Company USA, I was inspired to rearrange my Folio palette in this new way. It holds the 20 watercolors I use the most set in a “rainbow spectrum” around a mixing pan, plus two other mixing pans. Just for fun, I placed some tiny colored pencils in the kit along with their sharpener and eraser.



2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Vicky 😊!
    It's nice to see that you are doing your favorite activities again. I wish you a beautiful and blessed day 🙏❤️!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jana!
      Sometimes I think my continuing to sketch is simply a way to avoid fearing my future outcome. Colon-rectal cancer is one of the most survivable forms of cancer, but then my uncle died of it. Sketching seems a much more positive activity, especially when I can add uplifting quotes or Bible verses to the page.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...