01 February 2023

from where I sit

A year or so ago I drew this same view from the same overstuffed chair across the room, but at that time we had a full-sized couch instead. We have since replaced the couch with this double recliner loveseat -- and love it! Great to be able to put our feet up when we want to, and it fits the small space much better.

And yes, that electric socket on the far wall is higher than normal -- Bill decided when he deigned the barn conversion that it would be done with "getting old" in mind. Higher receptacles mean not needing to lean down to plug something in. He also installed a wheelchair-friendly shower but I'm not expecting to ever need it as such. 

I love that he took a rough diagonal slice of a cedar tree to form the floating wall shelf that holds our TV. But the TV's speakers are in back; instead of bouncing sound back into the room, the foam insulation in that wall absorbs sound. So we needed to add a sound bar under the cedar shelf.

That folded afghan on the back of the loveseat was a gift from daughter-in-law Misty years ago and has a huge Scottish Terrier on the center. When I use it, I think of Fiona, my first Scottie adopted in 1992.

I began this sketch with the Pentel Pocketbrush pen but I kept getting chunky lines where I did not want them (stupid tendinitis!) so I finished with a Kaweco Liliput fountain pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...