24 June 2022

CMYK palette play


A new toy arrived in the mail several weeks ago from Art Toolkit, but I didn't get around to playing with it right away. While I have previously put together a similar CMYK palette using my regular paints, I was curious about the handmade pigments from Greenleaf & Blueberry -- I bought this limited edition set as a way to try them out. And my normal way to try paints out is to make a mixing grid.

The paints have a lovely transparency and pick up easily with a brush. I'm not fond of strong staining pigments like phthalo's but this phthalo cyan is a dream to work with! Overall these are much brighter than my normal palettes but there is not much granulation, something I love. I definitely need to play with them more, next time mixing 3 pigments together for earthy and skin colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...