09 October 2021

Liliput time


I’m not really participating in Inktober this year, but my wee Kaweco Liliput fountain pens are just fun to play with! I have never found an ink converter that works well with them so at first I just used water-soluble ink cartridges in them — like the J. Herbin ‘Terre de Feu’ used here. Easier than trying to refill the tiny used cartridges with a syringe!

De Atramentis Document ink also comes in these short cartridges, giving a water-resistant ink option. But I kind of like the fuzziness the water-soluble ink gives a sketch.

At first the extra-fine nibs were a bit stiff. But with use they are becoming more flexible — and the lines are more and more variable!

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, the Kaweco piston converter doesn't fit. Try a Sport! I have ... Let's just say that discovering that there is a converter made all the difference in my enjoyment of the pen. I am still using the cartridges in my first, but that's fine. I have had a few more join the collection. With broad nibs. Love them.

    Although I have been using fountain pens a while, I am new to watercolor and can't wait to get some DeAtramentis Document ink into my Lamy Safari! Really, really nice and helpful to see what you've done with the J. Herbin ink. Lie de The is one of my favorite browns of theirs.

    Interested to see what happens with your future experiments with ink and watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE J. Herbin Lie de The! And it is already available in short cartridges to fit my Liliput pens! It gives a subtle antique quality to sketches when I add watercolor.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! Thank you for the response. Can't wait to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;D
      I try to respond to all comments, but I normally use Apple devices -- Blogger and Apple do not play well together! Sometimes I can't post comments at all using my iPad.
      But recently I purchased an inexpensive PC so perhaps I can do more on Blogger now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...