08 August 2019

lost feather


Just a quick sketch after hanging out in the pool this evening . . . If I could find a way to sketch while lazily floating in the water, I would! Observing the various birds, dragonflies, and bumble bees; listening to an owl, a crow, unknown songbirds, and a neighbor’s rooster; watching jets fly so very high overhead — apparently our new property is in the flight path for Houston’s Bush Intercontinental Airport. I’ve also watched a mother bird (I think it may be a type of vireo) feeding her young in a nearby birdhouse attached to one of the fence lines, and a crested cara cara (aka Mexican eagle) soar above me. It is totally peaceful here!

(Photo is a bit yellowed because it is now nighttime here, and I don’t have my studio lighting set up.)

Earlier today was busier than normal. Bill woke to find his cell phone too hot to touch and unable to turn on. After meeting his buddies for coffee, we loaded up the car with more stuff to move to our new place. Then headed to College Station for a bit of necessary shopping, an unexpected stop to check on his phone (by now cooler, charged, and working again), lunch at a deli, and a follow-up periodontist appointment for me.

Then back to the cabin to load up the cats and a bit of food before heading to our new place. A few fix-it jobs, continuing with landscape trimming and treating a cactus bug infestation, checking on how what we think is a young pecan tree is faring after treating it for bagworms. We’re also hanging out here while yet another realtor shows the cabin to potential buyers.

I love simply being here in the country, surrounded by birds, the neighbor’s goats and horses, trees, and such a lovely quiet!

2 comments:

  1. Love 'seeing' through your eyes! Im pretty sure God gifted you with the ability to capture the details so beautifully , in order to remind us to slow down and really notice whats all around us!
    That cell phone issue has happened to me in the past. Do they give any explanation for the cause?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noticing the bits of beauty in God’s creation comes easily for me. Capturing my “vision” on paper, not always. But I keep on trying . . .

    No one seemed to know what caused Bill’s phone to overheat — it apparently shut itself down when it happened, to protect the data. But it is over 2 years old so he can upgrade to a newer one, keeping his monthly price the same.

    When my 2 years was up with my iPhone, my monthly price dropped. Not sure if that is a difference between Apple and Android or AT&T vs Verizon. My phone is through Jason’s family plan and Bill’s is through Kristen’s.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...