22 July 2019

my new job as goatherd?


 We were coming to the new property today to do a bit of work and to meet with a potential carpenter to get bids on the barndominium. At the country intersection, there were 5 goats and sheep standing in a huddle, appearing to be sharing the daily gossip.

We carefully drove around them and on to our long drive. Next thing we know, they have followed our truck down the drive. They quickly came running to me in particular, expecting me to “fix it!” Not knowing for sure where they come from, I’m not sure how to help. (The funny thing is that when Bill tried to approach them, they ran away from him!)

 This little guy in particular is very affectionate and appears to want me as his new BFF.

I opened the gate to the back pasture and filled a small water tank the former owners had left with fresh water. And they came running into the enclosure with expressions like “Finally! What took you so long?”

Before we leave, I’ll check with the nearby property owners who have goats to see if they are theirs. If so, these rascals went on a long square walk-about with several turns to end up here!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...