03 March 2019

Elegant Writer pen


After seeing a recent post by Ros Jenke on Instagram, I bought an Elegant Writer calligraphy pen at Hobby Lobby. When water is applied to the water-soluble ink lines, unusual colors bleed out, ncluding turquoise and pink . . . . At least they do with the old version of the pen which Ros was using. Apparently the company has slightly changed the pen and it “bleeds” with less color variation now. But it’s still fun to play with.

One thing that sets this pen apart from other water-soluble inks is that after it’s been wet, the ink stabilizes. When watercolor is added after the ink has dried, it will no longer continue to bleed. (Any lines left untouched by water will continue to bleed with watercolor; “set” these lines first by a fine mist from a spray bottle.)

Check out the YouTube video on this LINK! You have to scroll down a bit to find it.




2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I had no idea they would bleed like this. I already have one of these pens. I'm going to have to go play!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had one of the older ones.
      I just added a link to a YouTube video I found — it’s very interesting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...