27 March 2024

two sketch kits


Today I cleaned out and reloaded my two sketch kits, both purchased years ago from Art Toolkit. The larger one was bought as a “second” during an annual spring cleaning sale but I cannot find any defect in it at all. For those curious, I’ve listed the contents below:

The small Pocket Kit holds my 2” sketchbook, a Demi Palette, a small spray bottle to refresh paint, small cut pieces of watercolor paper to test colors on, a travel waterbrush with medium brush tip, a size 03 Pigma Micron pen in sepia (with skinny masking tape around the upper barrel in case I wish to tape off a border), a thin line brush pen in muted green, a well-used Blackwing pencil, and a size 2 travel brush. The large pockets hold a 3.5 x 5” Traveler’s Notebook refill, a flat viewfinder, a folded paper towel, and a small clip to attach the palette to my sketchbook as I work. I have a silver Kaweco Liliput fountain pen with gray ink that I’d like to add to this kit but I’m having trouble with it’s ink feed.


The larger A5 Kit holds my current 5 x 7.5” sketchbook, a terry wrist band for wiping brushes, a paper towel, a 2.0 Molotow masking pen (this is a new tool for me), a stick eraser (to remove the masking fluid), a Kaweco Supra fountain pen with black ink, a mechanical pencil, a white Gelly Roll pen, two waterbrushes (one large tip, one small), two small clips, a Pocket Palette, some small cut pieces of watercolor paper, 2 Kaweco Liliput fountain pens (with brown and muted green inks), 2 travel brushes (a squirrel mop and a 1/4” dagger), and a small spray bottle.

All inks are De Atramentis Document or Noodler’s, chosen for their water resistance so watercolor can be painted over the ink lines. I don’t like carrying a purse — keys can clip to the zipper pull and my ID wallet is flat enough to slip into an inside pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...