01 December 2023

my “forest” Demi Palette

I like to collect Pocket Palettes in different colors, then fill them with special mixes of paints. (Easy to identify each one at a glance!) 

Art Toolkit is offering two sizes of limited edition GREEN palettes this Christmas season — I just had to get one for camping in local forests! Small enough to clip to any sketchbook with my favorite green pigments plus other basic colors to paint foreground, background, trees, grasses, lakes, and rocks! Maybe even an alligator?

Cancer treatment interrupted our camping this year but we are finally going for a few days next week to one of our favorite campgrounds in Sam Houston National Forest. I hope sketching the forest doesn’t intimidate me after all this time.

Traveler’s Company USA is again offering their collaboration limited edition green Pocket Palette but the quote on it includes “good coffee” in the phrase — and I hate the taste of coffee! So I never got that particular palette. 😂

4 comments:

  1. have a wonderful trip! I think nothing can stop you from sketching - especially when you prepared such a great palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are back from our short camping trip and had a great time in spite of some minor glitches with the camper itself (it’s about 12 years old). I have several sketches to finish up but today was busy with laundry, etc.

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky -- I hope you are camping and feeling well enough to enjoy it & sketch. I found your blog a couple weeks ago when I was googling mixing De Atramentis Document inks. I was familiar with Jane Blundell's posts about it, but I think of her as the Martha Stewart of color, and I was looking for more "real world" examples :D I've been reading and enjoying your blog and sketches. We share similar color loves.

    I bought both the green "holiday" palettes before they sold out this time. Even though I love coffee, I didn't like the lettering layout on that other green palette (I still would've bought it because I love green, but it sold out before I even heard about it!). Thanks for the heads up on that Traveler's set, though. Through the link I learned that they also re-released the gold palette, which I missed out on the first time. So I bought the folio of that!

    I was barely ever a blogger, and haven't posted anything since March 2016. I post my art & comics on instagram as ina_sketch if you want to take a look.

    Wishing you good health and much happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ina, and welcome! Camping was fun and I even managed a short hike down to the lake! Did several sketches which I’ll be finishing up now that we are home.
      I especially love the Travelers gold palette with its sketching supplies design on the lid!
      Now that I have internet again (not much in the forest we camped in), I’ll be looking for you on instagram!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...