17 May 2021

a new (to me) wildflower

 

As I was mucking donkey poo in the north pasture yesterday, I checked on the progress of a recent wildflower find growing there. When I first saw it, I wondered how a squash came to be planted in the middle of the enclosure. Not being sure of what it was, I waited and watched, hoping the goats would not eat it.

Near as I can tell in my Texas wildflower field guides, I think this is a buffalo gourd. Still waiting to see if gourds actually form.

Bill brought me the first ripe grape tomato from his garden — I quickly sketched it with my pen and ate it before adding color. (If you look closely, you’ll see a pencil reminder to smudge the lightly-penciled-in white highlights that I forgot to erase!)


5 comments:

  1. I'm always delighted to see your as-life-happens sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl -- that's so encouraging!
      I keep thinking I should do "this" or "that" that other online artists are doing in their own sketchbooks, but I suppose sketching bits of my own daily life is what I do.

      Delete
    2. It’s the same with me Vicky. Good thing we know better.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes! And your daily life sketches are so precious...
    It was them, who fascinated me so, that I became interested in sketching and journaling! Thanks for their sharing with us, Vicky :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daily sketches are mostly "just for fun" or to capture memories -- but if they also inspire others, I'm very glad!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...