12 January 2018

my non-purse


Lately I’ve used this laptop sleeve bag that I found on Amazon instead of a purse. It came with rings on the sides, so all I needed to add was a shoulder strap (I had an extra one from another bag).

I originally ordered this pouch to hold my new iPad Mini, but it has actually been a great everyday
purse. So of course, I ended up sketching it. It holds normal purse stuff, my cell phone and iPad, a small soft-cover Stillman & Birn sketchbook, a mechanical pencil, a couple of fountain pens, a bit of a kneaded eraser, a pocket palette and waterbrush, and a paper towel. Oh, and a couple of tea bags . . . Texas restaurants don’t seem to understand the concept of a hot cup of tea.

5 comments:

  1. How funny you should post this--I just received a canvas tablet tote bag from my friend for Christmas and decided to use it for my purse too! It starts out so lightweight and holds all I need. I love it! Maybe I will have to sketch mine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that bags designed for other purposes really do make the best purses, with their clever pockets and durable yet lightweight fabrics!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...