26 September 2017

a hiding Kat


This quick sketch is from Sunday, though I didn't take time to add color until this morning. Sunday evening was our "snack & yack" / movie night at church --- Kathleen (aka "Kat") saw me with my phone camera aimed at her and hid. I had the flash turned off so she thinks I did not take the picture!

This morning Bardie Mac and I are hanging out at our friends' double-wide trailer in the country. The tile guy is putting in a new stone tile floor in our cabin's bedroom and bathroom --- meaning there is no usable bathroom at the moment. And Bardie, being a very curious cat indeed, wanted to be in the middle of the work going on. Our old carpeted floor was ruined during the recent hurricane; we thought a stone floor fits a log cabin better than fancy Berber carpet.

No wi-fi here so I'm using my phone as a hot spot, seeing if it will work to post this from my old iPad 3.

4 comments:

  1. I just love your sketches. My kids are hiding too when I want to take a picture, but they make selfies all the time :) - Nadja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL -- that sounds like our oldest granddaughter, who has hated cameras pointed at her since she was a baby. Now she's a teenager and taking selfies!

      (I hide from cameras too, and have never taken a selfie -- don't want to scare myself!)

      Delete
  2. I think it is always interesting when part of a sketch is in color and the other just ink. I never remember to try it. I bet you will love the look of a beautiful stone floor in your cabin. They just seem to go together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be using the part ink / part ink & wash more often lately --- it's a fun way to hint at the setting without detracting from the focus subject. I was sorry to not get Kat's sister, Evie, better though; if I drew her head with regular lines, the notes jotted down from the morning's sermon would be unreadable.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...