18 February 2017

more mini-sketches on-the-go


Ink sketches done quickly while out and about . . . 


Sometimes I add a bit of gouache, but I didn't paint the plaid pattern on my key so I drew it in ink later.


Some days we wear short sleeves and no coats; other days require warm jackets.


Bill should know better than to leave interesting objects lying around. Before he could loan this basin wrench to a friend, I drew it.


This is my orange-red Field Notes notebook made of cardstock. It lives in my purse, ready to grab quickly for whatever happens to appear within my sketching view. These were drawn with a combination of De Atramentis document black ink in a Lamy Safari, Noodler's Lexington gray in a Kuretake brush pen,  a Pentel Pocketbrush pen, and a white Uniball Signo gel pen.

4 comments:

  1. I love the basin wrench, of course. It's such a specialty tool. That's a tool I recognize and one I watched my dad use but I haven't used yet. Working with mid-tone paper is on my list of things to play with, but haven't yet. Is it a process of comparing the value of the card stock to the values seen in the object and applying white gouache in the areas of lighter value?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I knew the basin wrench would catch your eye, John!
      Mostly working on toned paper is using black for darks, white for highlights, and leaving the rest alone. Though I do sometimes add other color with gouache. I have trouble keeping it simple, niggler that I am.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...