05 October 2016

Inktober, 4 October


I seem to be forming a habit of posting these daily sketches a day late. But that's what fits our busy schedule so it may continue. I drew this on sight, first with pencil guidelines then with a Sailor Fude de Mannen and the ink cartridge that came with it.

Yesterday I had a 6-month check-up with my eye doctor. There's always a long wait to see Dr. Horton (time to sketch!) but she's definitely worth the wait --- she gives detailed information about everything and gives her patients time to ask questions. Their office doesn't even use computers, yet she is often called in as a consultant to Houston. Old-fashioned, but a gifted doctor. I'm seeing her for glaucoma and post-cataract surgery. Because I had cataracts at a younger age, I will probably need a laser treatment later on, but she can do that right in her office. And good news: my eye pressure remains low so the glaucoma is under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...