30 September 2016

getting ready for Inktober


Liz Steel's recent blog post inspired me to join in with sketchers all over the world participating in Inktober --- a challenge to draw and post one ink sketch a day for the 31 days of October. Since I just began watching Paul Heaston's Craftsy class, "Pen & Ink Essentials", the timing seems perfect.

I meant for my grandma's sewing rocker, which has been in my bedroom since high school, to be a simple contour drawing. But having a 'thing' for plaid, I just had to add that to the shawl thrown over the back. I also found out how messy I can be with juicy-wet ink!

For a recent 'snack and yack' gathering at our church, Ms B.J. once again made special creations -- this time, pumpkins made of cheese and tangerines. I love the stems she added, made of a bell pepper stem and stalks &a leaves of celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...