19 September 2016

a new bag


I think I finally found a large bag that does not feel like a large bag. Big enough to carry a large sketchbook and even my iPad, yet very light-weight canvas. And lots of convenient pockets in locations that work for me.

I tried a wet-in-wet wash on this 2-page spread of my new Stillman & Birn Epsilon book, seeing how much ripple the paper might give. Apparently not very much. This is using the granulating earth palette I just put together, though I removed the mixed gray and replaced it with Daniel Smith's Lunar Blue. Still gives a feeling of black or dark gray, but a bit livelier.

4 comments:

  1. Love both the bag and the sketch. I share your joy in having found a bag that hits all the right points for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a thing about bags, and a bit particular as to their design. This one works!

    Of course, it's really an art bag; purse contents purely incidental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... purse contents purely incidental." Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Earn free bitcoins over at Easy Bitcoin Faucet. Up to 33 satoshis every 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...