21 July 2016

last night's sketch and a great book


Not feeling very inspired but needing to draw __something__, I drew my own foot as I jotted down a few notes at church last night. It may seem to some that we are at church a lot . . . but our little so-called "biker church" is more like a beloved family. We genuinely enjoy spending time together, laughing and crying, worshiping and praying.


Recently I received a book in the mail that is a new favorite: "Pen and Ink" by James Hobbs. Presently, it is only sold in the UK but I was able to buy a new copy through the secondary market on Amazon. The book is a blend of some fabulous art by 35 artists and techniques for various ways of working with this medium. 


Not only is there a special Artist Index to quickly find art by a particular artist as well as where to find them online, but there is also this great Visual Index! So easy to quickly find a certain image I'm looking for! And the book's size is so easy to hold and easy to take along with me --- I like looking through it while Bill is driving.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Vicki I relate to spending time with my church family too. Always lots of laughter and fun. Enjoyed your sketch. Those shoes look like just the thing for summer. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Deborah! Yes, our church families are so special -- and just a small part of a much larger eternal family. Isn't it wonderful knowing that? Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Funny, I drew my husband's foot in church Sunday. Church family is so important. The new book looks awesome! Great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL -- I once drew my husband's shoe, then painted it later in mingled brown watercolors. He called me on it, as it was actually a dull black. (My version was richer looking!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...