28 July 2015

from a morning walk & choosing a new sketchbook


A new family recently moved in to our small community in the woods. They soon replaced their plain mailbox with this transformer-box-turned-mailbox. (The father is a lineman.) when the grandkids, dogs, and I took a walk, the boys said this was R2D2. Their father and Scottie dog, Maxwell, have been staying here a few extra days because the electric service at their home is temporarily broken.


This is the final sketch in my current sketchbook. I have not yet purchased paper to bind new ones so I tested the paper on the back page of a Stillman & Birn Epsilon sketchbook in my stash --- Though it takes light applications of watercolor, it is not meant to handle juicy washes. So I think I'll save it for pencil & ink drawing, and use this leather-bound book I bound last year. I originally thought to save it for a special time. It is filled with the last of the Kilimanjaro 140# paper purchased before we moved to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...