26 June 2014

Dallas road trip


For my birthday (not till next month), our daughter invited me to join her friends in going to Dallas to hear our favorite author, Diana Gabaldon, on a speaking tour promoting her latest book "Written in My Own Heart's Blood". What an amazing, generous, and beautiful woman she is! A highly entertaining story-teller, both in print and in person.

It was an amazing time just hanging out with Kristen and her friends. Lovely young women! These are the same friends who, along with their husbands, went to Scotland together last year, sharing a rented house on Loch Ness. In fact, one of the husbands said to be sure and thank Diana Gabaldon for their trip to Scotland --- it came about after reading the Outlander series.













Before leaving for Dallas, I had a large cup of Earl Grey green tea and one of Mikala's lime cookies.











I sat in back so I could try sketching Kristen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...