02 June 2014

a bit of ink and gouache

Bill needed to pick up some electrical connection bits for his woodshop at the hardware store in Somerville. The parking lot was full so I thought I would have a good chunk of time to sketch.

Bill found his items, paid for them, and was back in the car in less than 10 minutes. So much for a leisurely sketch!

My grandmother had chairs like this glider -- that's what drew me to sketch it first.

This morning I did a quick continuous line drawing of my breakfast. I had just picked more strawberries from our patio garden bed to go with my cup of tea. They are very good with a dab of chocolate almond butter on them!

Gouache was added later on both sketches, after the initial 10 minute sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...