05 May 2014

waiting for paint to dry . . .

I woke up this morning realizing that my brother's birthday is only 2 days away. Arggh!

I always paint a card for him. So this morning I grabbed a recent photo I had taken of a cow down the road from us and began. Paint sure dries slow when I need to hurry.

But eventually I did finish the card and it is in the mail. (I don't think he even knows I have a blog, so I know he won't be seeing this.)


the finished card, portrait of one of our new neighbors

3 comments:

  1. He is going to love this card. Bet he waits to see what you do each year. :) wonderful job. Hubby said so too. :) he grew up in Montana and saw a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful! He'll be delighted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cris and Kate!

    My brother and I have a strange relationship . . . in that he chooses not to have one at all. I began making these cards for him about 8 years ago as a way to "connect". He has never responded to me, never talks to me . . . But mom tells me that he saves each one and tells others about them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...