05 March 2014

granny-nanny week

hard drawing . . . and spelling . . . with a toddler helping

It's been a hectic week for me acting as granny-nanny for three of our grandchildren. Their parents are chaperoning high-school students on a mission trip to Alaska --- Fort Bend Christian Academy sends teams all over the globe as well as throughout Houston during Eagle Week each year.

My sketching activity has been limited as I keep up with a toddler, a pre-schooler, and a 2nd grader. Last night the 2nd grader, Jayna, was in a school program --- all 4 grandparents attended together to see her sing (including a solo) and act.

drawing small toys the boys give me

While she is in school, the boys keep me busy playing . . . and sometimes trying to sketch. One morning they painted some papers loaded with "paint", but don't seem to be patient enough (or hold still long enough?) to do any art with me yet. So we play with their toys instead.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some nice sketching time. Nice to be close now to babysit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to sketch more, plus work on a gift bear I'm sewing . . . . but those two boys are ACTIVE! Wore me out, making me thankful that the drive home was 1 1/2 hours instead of 10.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...