31 October 2010

at the Savoy

After an August visit to the Savoy in Kansas City to meet up with Liz, Kate and Joseph, I knew this was a great place to bring Bill for his birthday. I didn't make it to Kate's sketchcrawl this weekend, but had a mini sketch crawl of my own with Bill

Our oldest son, Jason, was also in town from Houston, attending an educator's conference. We met him for supper at a little Japanese restaurant.


The Savoy's breakfast is humongous! --- your choice of several items on the menu all included with the reasonable room fee. And no rush . . .

While in town, we also went to the World War I memorial & museum, a return trip to the Arabia Steamboat, and playtime for Bill at Architectural Salvage. More sketches to come, though they will be from memory and photos.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you both had a good time! I'd been meaning to ask...isn't the WWI museum amazing? I cried...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a good time . . . Bill especially needed the get-away. He's had a rough time lately --- but there are signs that God is working. Depression can be such a nasty thing.
    The museum was the best part of the weekend for both of us, though it does bring tears. I'm glad the ticket was good for 2 days; we went both days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...